Date updated: May 20, 2018
1. Scope of Terms. By visiting or accessing any Storyteller.lk site(s) you agree to be bound by our: Terms and Conditions pertaining to your use of any content provided, accessed or distributed on any Storyteller platform(s) (“Content”). You must be at least 13 years of age to create a Storyteller Account. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create a Storyteller.lk account, but you are welcome to read Storyteller Stories and enjoy the site.
Copyright issues and licenses
3. DMCA Notice. Storyteller Stories and Content from around the world. While Storyteller strives to ensure all ideas posted are credible, based on facts and do not infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when Content is provided by other parties, and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on any Storyteller Site infringes their rights under copyright law. If you believe in good faith that Content on Storyteller Sites infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Storyteller a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address
- sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
- identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow Storyteller to locate the material on the site
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. No Warranties. All Content (including but not limited to: Storyteller.lk, animations, videos, transcripts, podcasts etc.) is made available AS IS and storyteller does not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the Content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. storyteller is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any Content.